Skip to main content

... of baby

Almost 35 weeks and very ready. I want her to be full-term, so I'll hang on for two more weeks, but after that, the praying starts. I know God will bring her when she's ready, but my small frame can't handle very much more.

I have had a relatively comfortable, uneventful pregnancy thus far, praise the Lord. But this last part feels exponentially more uncomfortable than it did with Abram. Maybe it's because I have Abram and keeping up with him and not being able to just lay around whenever I want to is a lot different than when I was pregnant with him and could lay around as much as I wanted. So my back is killing me, my stomach is stretching to the point of breaking, and I am inexplicably tired even when I get a full night of sleep.

I know the next few weeks (even if a "few" is five) will go quickly, regardless, so I should savor them. This is me... savoring:

...compared to savoring at 35 weeks with Abram:


I have been "belly binding" to help with the back pain. It makes my back feel so much better when I have to walk around or stand up for longish periods of time. My friend who is a midwife posted this link about belly binding on her facebook page awhile back. So made my own makeshift sling out of Lycra/Spandex material and a D-ring and started binding. It's been really helpful.




The down side is that I have a huge lump of fabric in the small of my back when I do it, which is a bit uncomfortable when sitting and pretty noticeable when I wear anything tight (which everything is on me nowadays.) But I just put a cardigan on and it hides the lump pretty well. It pulls in my low and far out 5ish pound baby and makes me feel like I can actually cook dinner and go grocery shopping and all the things I would be whining my way out of otherwise.

"Speaking" of "baby", Abram is now officially saying the word. And not "ba ba", like everything else (or da da, ma ma, pa pa, etc), but bay-bee. Here, watch:



Then I cut the video off when he crumpled a picture he grabbed. My favorite is the second one. It sounds a little... mean. Now that I think about it, that probably shouldn't be my favorite. It should probably make me worried. But I think that he will like his sister. We shall see soon enough, right!?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

... of a patent

... or maybe, just maybe , I'm jumping the gun :) A good friend told me the other day that she and her husband have been leaving church after the worship because she can't sit for an extended time in the folding chairs. Our church did a great thing and bought inexpensive folding chairs for our sanctuary in order to 1)save money and 2)be able to use the empty room for community type events in the neighborhood during the week. This is awesome. I support their decision and so does my friend who is leaving after the worship (and watching the previous week's sermon from home). But she is pregnant. She already had back problems and now (of course!) they are worse. My back is just starting to bother me and I know that there are many pregnant women with back problems and normal people with back problems who whimper inside a little every time they enter a room and see folding chairs. Until now, I had just sort of reconciled myself to the fact that sitting in a folding chair was ...

...of big changes

Let's start with a cute picture of Abram and Selah in Spain: Adorbs. Now... I posted earlier today while I was waiting to see a rheumatologist in Dubai. I had been referred by the ortho doctor I had seen in Fujairah on multiple occasions over the last few months for my finger and back problems. My sister is a dermatologist and knows that I have had psoriasis for years and she also thought I needed to see a rheumatologist.  Just in case you aren't aware, psoriasis is basically an itchy skin condition. Basically. But there's actually more to it than that (which I wasn't even aware of until very recently.) It is a chronic auto immune problem. My body's immune system (for some undetermined reason) attacks healthy skin cells and it results in itchy patches of skin. Pretty awesome, right? In about 20% of people with skin psoriasis, the immune system will also start attacking the joints, which is why I found myself in a very nice rheumatologist's...

... of regaining our health!

This is going to be a picture heavy blog. Just to be honest from the get-go. No creative, witty writing for this sleep deprived new mom. I just don't have it in me. Maybe once this Babram is on more of a schedule (as far as feeding and sleeping is concerned), I will be able to get back to my clever and witty self. Let's hope so; for your sake and mine. And who wants to read my silly, rambly words anyway, when you can see fun pictures of a cute baby and some awesome people? We are at eleven days with the baby (nine at home). My parents have come and gone for Thanksgiving and baby viewing. My mom is in love. And very helpful. We got spoiled with the food preparation, laundry, diaper changing, and burping. My dad did some much needed chores around the house and I was so very thankful to have them here. Quinn's mom gets here in four days. While we are enjoying a (relatively) quiet night at home alone for pretty much the first time, by tonight we are going to be counting...