Skip to main content

... of two months!


Unless I change the title of this blog, Selah's "month" pictures will always be taken the day before she is actually that old.  Oh well.  What's one day, right?

So tomorrow is Selah Christine's 2 month birthday!  Parents of newborns can probably attest to the fact that time seems to drag and fly at the same time.  It feels like you've had this child forever when you are vigorously rocking them in a dark bathroom with the fan running at 2 am when their eyes are wide open.  And it seems like you just brought them home from the hospital when they are all of a sudden not fitting in those cute newborn clothes anymore. 

I think I'm going to have a survey format for these birthday posts, complete with lots of pictures.  That way they are easy to compare when I go back through these most and lament how she will never be a baby again...


Date: June 21, 2012

Weight: Well check is tomorrow (I'm guessing a little less than 10lbs)

Clothing size: Right between NB and 3 mo. Mostly 3 mo.

Feedings per day: 7

Night sleeping: Good since day one. I really hesitate to say that, since every time I say that something is going well, it suddenly gets harder. But when she falls asleep for the night, she's out. She gently wakes up for one feeding in the early morning, one in the late morning, and then wakes up for good around 9/10.

Naps: Not so great for the last few days. I'm learning to read her tired signals. I've been thrown off because the ONE yawn that I now think is my clue comes about 30-40 minutes after she wakes up. After that, we enter into over tired territory, she gets the hiccups (ALWAYS) and then won't fall asleep easily and doesn't usually stay asleep that long. So I'm praying for God's wisdom to figure all that out.

New skills: Smiling. She's had the hang of it for more than a week now. There's a lot of nose wrinkling in her smiles. Love it. And cooing. It's adorable as well.



Favorite thing: Her changing table, baths (all of a sudden!), and Mommy's ponytail

Least favorite thing: Whatever I am doing that's making her so gassy recently (yes, I've basically cut out dairy, tomatoes, spicy stuff, green leafy things, citrus, and eggs... I'm finding it hard to eat anything healthy...)

Potential Personality traits: She seems to be a bit stoic. Even when she is really gassy or really tired, she won't outright cry. It's more of a moaning or “oww”ing. She only smiles at certain times and certain places (changing table/bathtub). She also seems to get overstimulated very easily, which I think means that she's trying to take everything in at once. So maybe she will be very observant. We'll see.

Brother/Sisterness: She stares at Abram sometimes when he comes and stands near her. And he's been more interested in her lately, too. He still gets a little rough with her and doesn't know how to move, walk, sit around her and not on her, but he's 19 months old, I don't expect much different right now.


So those are the major things. I have a friend who has been doing weekly pictures of her daughter and she's in really frilly, cute, tutu outfits with big headbands and it's adorable. But when I think about Selah dressed like that it seems unfitting. She's more this kind of girl:

Plus, tutus seem like they would take up more room in a suitcase, and since we'll be living out of ours very soon (more on that sometime soon), they don't seem like the most practical option. Also, this is what her hair ends up looking like when I put headbands on her:
She also just doesn't seem to like them very much.  So we're not big headband girls at the moment.

Just for fun, I'm going to include her past month pictures at the end of these posts for comparison.
Happy two months, Selie!






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

... of the tipping point

 I haven't blogged in so very long, I can't remember when and I'm not going to stop this thought train to go and check. Suffice it to say, it's been awhile. But I showed up here to share (and document) a major event in the life of our family.  Before Moses came home, I would see adoptive families posting about their kiddos' "Tipping Point Days". I recently heard it called something else as well, but I'm too tired to think of it right now. Basically, it is the day when your adopted child has been with you for as long as they were not  with you. For kids that were adopted at 1 or 2 or 3, that seems to come quickly and maybe feels eventful, but not monumental. Well, when we got custody of Moses he was about 4 years and 9 months old. I remember coming back to America and seeing someone in my adoption group post about their 2 or 3 year old's Tipping Point Day and thinking I should figure out when Moses's would be. So I did. I sat down and figured ou

... of a patent

... or maybe, just maybe , I'm jumping the gun :) A good friend told me the other day that she and her husband have been leaving church after the worship because she can't sit for an extended time in the folding chairs. Our church did a great thing and bought inexpensive folding chairs for our sanctuary in order to 1)save money and 2)be able to use the empty room for community type events in the neighborhood during the week. This is awesome. I support their decision and so does my friend who is leaving after the worship (and watching the previous week's sermon from home). But she is pregnant. She already had back problems and now (of course!) they are worse. My back is just starting to bother me and I know that there are many pregnant women with back problems and normal people with back problems who whimper inside a little every time they enter a room and see folding chairs. Until now, I had just sort of reconciled myself to the fact that sitting in a folding chair was

...of my ER defense

Many of you may have been reading the updates about Abram's "condition" on Facebook. As I contemplated putting up the information about what was going on for all the world to see, I have to confess that I was thinking that everyone was going to think I was crazy. "Her kid can't stand up for a day and all of a sudden she's going to the emergency room right at bedtime?" Well, I'm here to justify myself (although I realize there really isn't a need for that, based on the amount of wonderful support I got from people) and tell you a little bit of what I learned - for those of you who might be interested in some medical knowledge you may not have known. Just so you know, I did not take pictures of this event, so there are none here to see. Pictorial documentation of your child's first ER visit isn't something you think of until after you leave with the assurance that everything is probably going to be ok. Looking back, there was a lot of