Skip to main content

...of an Oscar! But not really...


This morning the cast of "All's Well That Ends Well" got an email from our stage manager telling us that we had been named the Best Ensemble by the City Theatre for their SummerActs! Festival. Pretty cool.

Also pretty cool that we also won Best Group or Duo Performance for mine and Toni's First and Second Lords! There were 10 awards and 6 shows. The awards were Best Production, Best Director, Best Script, Best Design, Best Ensemble, Best Actor and Actress, Best Supporting Actor and Actress, and Best Group or Duo Performance.

Even though the award isn't well-known or extremely prestigious, it was almost better than getting paid for the process. :) I took it more as God's little way of reassuring me that I should keep acting if I can. I'm not going to try to make it my profession, but I'm apparently decent at it and I think God wants me to use my talent for something. Just not so sure in what way yet...

Academy Awards! Here I...... stay. But thanks anyway. :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

... of a patent

... or maybe, just maybe , I'm jumping the gun :) A good friend told me the other day that she and her husband have been leaving church after the worship because she can't sit for an extended time in the folding chairs. Our church did a great thing and bought inexpensive folding chairs for our sanctuary in order to 1)save money and 2)be able to use the empty room for community type events in the neighborhood during the week. This is awesome. I support their decision and so does my friend who is leaving after the worship (and watching the previous week's sermon from home). But she is pregnant. She already had back problems and now (of course!) they are worse. My back is just starting to bother me and I know that there are many pregnant women with back problems and normal people with back problems who whimper inside a little every time they enter a room and see folding chairs. Until now, I had just sort of reconciled myself to the fact that sitting in a folding chair was ...

...of big changes

Let's start with a cute picture of Abram and Selah in Spain: Adorbs. Now... I posted earlier today while I was waiting to see a rheumatologist in Dubai. I had been referred by the ortho doctor I had seen in Fujairah on multiple occasions over the last few months for my finger and back problems. My sister is a dermatologist and knows that I have had psoriasis for years and she also thought I needed to see a rheumatologist.  Just in case you aren't aware, psoriasis is basically an itchy skin condition. Basically. But there's actually more to it than that (which I wasn't even aware of until very recently.) It is a chronic auto immune problem. My body's immune system (for some undetermined reason) attacks healthy skin cells and it results in itchy patches of skin. Pretty awesome, right? In about 20% of people with skin psoriasis, the immune system will also start attacking the joints, which is why I found myself in a very nice rheumatologist's...

... of regaining our health!

This is going to be a picture heavy blog. Just to be honest from the get-go. No creative, witty writing for this sleep deprived new mom. I just don't have it in me. Maybe once this Babram is on more of a schedule (as far as feeding and sleeping is concerned), I will be able to get back to my clever and witty self. Let's hope so; for your sake and mine. And who wants to read my silly, rambly words anyway, when you can see fun pictures of a cute baby and some awesome people? We are at eleven days with the baby (nine at home). My parents have come and gone for Thanksgiving and baby viewing. My mom is in love. And very helpful. We got spoiled with the food preparation, laundry, diaper changing, and burping. My dad did some much needed chores around the house and I was so very thankful to have them here. Quinn's mom gets here in four days. While we are enjoying a (relatively) quiet night at home alone for pretty much the first time, by tonight we are going to be counting...