Skip to main content

... of regaining our health!

This is going to be a picture heavy blog. Just to be honest from the get-go. No creative, witty writing for this sleep deprived new mom. I just don't have it in me. Maybe once this Babram is on more of a schedule (as far as feeding and sleeping is concerned), I will be able to get back to my clever and witty self. Let's hope so; for your sake and mine. And who wants to read my silly, rambly words anyway, when you can see fun pictures of a cute baby and some awesome people?

We are at eleven days with the baby (nine at home). My parents have come and gone for Thanksgiving and baby viewing. My mom is in love. And very helpful. We got spoiled with the food preparation, laundry, diaper changing, and burping. My dad did some much needed chores around the house and I was so very thankful to have them here. Quinn's mom gets here in four days. While we are enjoying a (relatively) quiet night at home alone for pretty much the first time, by tonight we are going to be counting the hours until she gets here.

Here are some highlights from the last few days:

Quinn-Dad sturggled through trying to be helpful AND sick at the same time. We think he has a virus. I might have the same thing, although my throat has never felt like his. Mine's more like allergies. But we are both coughing and sniffling and constantly washing our hands. They are actually cracked and bleeding (all four of them) from the washing. So we are also constantly praying that Abram will be protected from our sickness. I am breastfeeding, which is supposed to be really good for his immune system. So pray for us, if you think about it.

We get some gas smiles sometimes. Even though they are not technically real smiles, we still like them.

Abram went for his first walk around the block. It wasn't extremely cold outside, but we bundled him up enough that he is a bit difficult to see. Sorry.


Aunt Liesl and Uncle Eric came up to visit the day after Thanksgiving. We wish they lived closer, but San Antonio isn't TOO far away...

Some of my former students came to visit Abes this weekend. I think all teenaged girls are excited about all tiny babies, but these girls were beside themselves. There were a lot of choral responses to cute faces and farts. This is Chelsea.
This is Tara.
This is Kelsey.


Our neighbors, Bryan and Norma and their two year old, Ryan, came to visit. Ryan is very good at focusing on cameras for pictures, but he doesn't actually smile until after the picture is taken :) Super cute.


So essencially, we still have a healthy, snuggly baby and we feel so blessed! He IS have some bowel movement issues. Like, he used to have them regularly and now he is going days without having one. We've taken him to the doctor to figure something out, but they say it's just that he's not eating enough. I fee like he's eating enough and he acts like he is trying really hard to get something out sometimes. I feel for him, ya know? And it makes me very sad when he is unhappy. Again, more prayer would be greatly appreciated.

There ya go. Some cute baby pictures and some pictures of random people. Just what you always wanted! Merry Christmas.

Comments

  1. Hey Anaka! This is Amanda Hart (Heinly)... I just wanted to say congrats and I loved reading your blog! Babram is so precious and adorable! So, I was reading about the bowel movement issues and I don't know if this will help, but Avery had some issues too. She would go for a few days to a week without having a bowel movement. You will want to ask your doctor, but my doctor told me not to worry about it. He said that a lot of times, they just "use" up everything they eat. He said that we could give her a little bit of prune juice or apple juice. We did that one day, and within an hour, she had the most massive blow-out ever! haha I have also heard that you can stick a thermometer up his little bottom, and sometimes it helps get things moving... haha I hope this helps! Either way, I will be praying that you all get healthy soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweet girl! Def praying for y'all for health and sanity :) my good friend said the thermometer trick worked well for her!! Much love! Brit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still in complete and total awe of you. Baby-abe looks even cuter than I remember (if that's even possible) I love the pictures of you and him. You're a beautiful mom. Just saying. Hope I can see you over the break. Please let me know if I can help you with anything. (I can cook edible food) Sending good-juju your way.

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

... of the tipping point

 I haven't blogged in so very long, I can't remember when and I'm not going to stop this thought train to go and check. Suffice it to say, it's been awhile. But I showed up here to share (and document) a major event in the life of our family.  Before Moses came home, I would see adoptive families posting about their kiddos' "Tipping Point Days". I recently heard it called something else as well, but I'm too tired to think of it right now. Basically, it is the day when your adopted child has been with you for as long as they were not  with you. For kids that were adopted at 1 or 2 or 3, that seems to come quickly and maybe feels eventful, but not monumental. Well, when we got custody of Moses he was about 4 years and 9 months old. I remember coming back to America and seeing someone in my adoption group post about their 2 or 3 year old's Tipping Point Day and thinking I should figure out when Moses's would be. So I did. I sat down and figured ou

... of a patent

... or maybe, just maybe , I'm jumping the gun :) A good friend told me the other day that she and her husband have been leaving church after the worship because she can't sit for an extended time in the folding chairs. Our church did a great thing and bought inexpensive folding chairs for our sanctuary in order to 1)save money and 2)be able to use the empty room for community type events in the neighborhood during the week. This is awesome. I support their decision and so does my friend who is leaving after the worship (and watching the previous week's sermon from home). But she is pregnant. She already had back problems and now (of course!) they are worse. My back is just starting to bother me and I know that there are many pregnant women with back problems and normal people with back problems who whimper inside a little every time they enter a room and see folding chairs. Until now, I had just sort of reconciled myself to the fact that sitting in a folding chair was

...of my ER defense

Many of you may have been reading the updates about Abram's "condition" on Facebook. As I contemplated putting up the information about what was going on for all the world to see, I have to confess that I was thinking that everyone was going to think I was crazy. "Her kid can't stand up for a day and all of a sudden she's going to the emergency room right at bedtime?" Well, I'm here to justify myself (although I realize there really isn't a need for that, based on the amount of wonderful support I got from people) and tell you a little bit of what I learned - for those of you who might be interested in some medical knowledge you may not have known. Just so you know, I did not take pictures of this event, so there are none here to see. Pictorial documentation of your child's first ER visit isn't something you think of until after you leave with the assurance that everything is probably going to be ok. Looking back, there was a lot of