Skip to main content

...of being ready for this baby!

I'm not yet. Ready, that is. But I am almost there. And I am only mostly there because I can't even imagine how much bigger I am going to get by the end, if I'm already out of room at 27 weeks! I hope this baby doesn't make me explode.

I am NOT ready for actually having a baby in the house. The "nursery" is still a prayer room with a bunch of toys and clothes and bedding piled up in a chair. The other rooms of the house are pretty unorganized and not ready for all of the shifting that is going to have to happen. And I haven't yet done all of the "business" things that I wanted to start before he gets here. I wanted to get my etsy shop up and running, but this sounds so much easier than it actually is. We'll see how far that gets before November...
On an optimistic note, I have started a better food/cooking routine for Quinn and I. Up until this point in our marriage, I have been a skillet dinner, frozen pizza, boxed meals kinda wife. I had to be that kind of wife because I wanted to be a good teacher and director. Now that I am not a teacher and director, I want to be a more attentive, healthy, creative, from-scratch kinda wife. So I made a two week menu and actually went shopping for the things that I would need. We have now successfully had one full week of home cooked dinners that haven't been all that bad! We've had all of the staples: Breaded chicken and salad, spaghetti squash, homemade pizza, Chinese chicken salad... I think tonight is salmon quiche (thanks, mom). So that's been a feat in itself!

My next feat is being productive even when I don't have anything "pressing" to do. The truth is that I have a lot of pressing things to do, but I don't think of them as such. So I end up sitting on the couch for most of the day, watching Law and Order and making cute little amigurumi animals for baby presents .

But I need to get used to having something to do all of the time and actually being motivated to do it, because in less than three months that will absolutely be the case, right?!

Whew. Less ready than I realized, I think... Perhaps God knew what He was doing when He made pregnancy 9 months rather than 1 or 2. We definitely need some time to prepare our houses, our attitudes, our minds, and our hearts.

I'd say I'm about 2/3rds ready :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

... of a patent

... or maybe, just maybe , I'm jumping the gun :) A good friend told me the other day that she and her husband have been leaving church after the worship because she can't sit for an extended time in the folding chairs. Our church did a great thing and bought inexpensive folding chairs for our sanctuary in order to 1)save money and 2)be able to use the empty room for community type events in the neighborhood during the week. This is awesome. I support their decision and so does my friend who is leaving after the worship (and watching the previous week's sermon from home). But she is pregnant. She already had back problems and now (of course!) they are worse. My back is just starting to bother me and I know that there are many pregnant women with back problems and normal people with back problems who whimper inside a little every time they enter a room and see folding chairs. Until now, I had just sort of reconciled myself to the fact that sitting in a folding chair was ...

...of big changes

Let's start with a cute picture of Abram and Selah in Spain: Adorbs. Now... I posted earlier today while I was waiting to see a rheumatologist in Dubai. I had been referred by the ortho doctor I had seen in Fujairah on multiple occasions over the last few months for my finger and back problems. My sister is a dermatologist and knows that I have had psoriasis for years and she also thought I needed to see a rheumatologist.  Just in case you aren't aware, psoriasis is basically an itchy skin condition. Basically. But there's actually more to it than that (which I wasn't even aware of until very recently.) It is a chronic auto immune problem. My body's immune system (for some undetermined reason) attacks healthy skin cells and it results in itchy patches of skin. Pretty awesome, right? In about 20% of people with skin psoriasis, the immune system will also start attacking the joints, which is why I found myself in a very nice rheumatologist's...

... of regaining our health!

This is going to be a picture heavy blog. Just to be honest from the get-go. No creative, witty writing for this sleep deprived new mom. I just don't have it in me. Maybe once this Babram is on more of a schedule (as far as feeding and sleeping is concerned), I will be able to get back to my clever and witty self. Let's hope so; for your sake and mine. And who wants to read my silly, rambly words anyway, when you can see fun pictures of a cute baby and some awesome people? We are at eleven days with the baby (nine at home). My parents have come and gone for Thanksgiving and baby viewing. My mom is in love. And very helpful. We got spoiled with the food preparation, laundry, diaper changing, and burping. My dad did some much needed chores around the house and I was so very thankful to have them here. Quinn's mom gets here in four days. While we are enjoying a (relatively) quiet night at home alone for pretty much the first time, by tonight we are going to be counting...