Skip to main content

... of a real mini Quinn

Abram had his four month check up today. Here are the stats: 12lb 9.6oz and 25.25 inches long. So he hasn't doubled his birth weight yet, but we are close! He is in the 55% for height and the 20% for weight. The doctor also added that he is really strong and has great muscle tone, even though he's skinny. So, basically, he is exactly like his dad. Tall, skinny, and deceptively strong.

He has had a tough week this week. traveling from Austin to San Antonio and back (4 hours) Saturday, from Austin to Paris, TX (6 hours) Monday, from Paris to Poteau, OK and back (5 hours) Tuesday, and Paris to Austin (6 hours) Wednesday. Needless to say he does not enjoy his car seat very much right now. Nana was in town - which was the reason for the trip to see family - and she got some good pictures from the week.

Here he is hanging with Aunt Liesl at a burger place in San Antonio. By the way, she is the only person we can liken Abram to at the moment. Which greatly confuses Quinn and I...

Nana got a smiley picture at the beginning of the journey:

... before he hated us.

My grandparents and uncle live in Paris and my great grandmother, who is 99, lives in Poteau. So we wanted to get a picture of five generations, in case we didn't get another chance. So here it is!

Abram also got to play with his third cousins.

So now that we are back, we've had some fussy days and we thought we would try to implement a naptime routine because he gets so fussy when he's sleepy and then refuses to sleep. We were totally prepared to let him cry it out a few times and see if he would catch on. Well, we did it a few times yesterday and it seemed to work. But for the last two months or so, Abram has developed a 30 minute internal nap clock. We could never get him to sleep longer than 30 minutes, even though we knew he was tired. Today, he missed his morning 30 minute nap because of the doctor and was incredibly fussy. But he fell asleep on the car ride home and I transfered him to his crib. He slept for about 30 minutes, but I left him alone and he fell back to sleep and slept for another hour and a half!! Then I woke him up to feed him, and he fell asleep while eating and has been passed out for another 30 minutes or so. I am hoping he is not sick or anything. He got some vaccinations today. Maybe it's normal for them to be sleepy or something. Hmmm... Well, I know that too much daytime sleep can be a bad thing, too. So I think we'll head out for a walk in a bit. I just hope that maybe it's the start of the sleep consolidation that should have started a month ago. That would be excellent.

And one final pic of Abram sitting up with very little help!
He is getting so big so fast. Makes a mom proud :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

... of the tipping point

 I haven't blogged in so very long, I can't remember when and I'm not going to stop this thought train to go and check. Suffice it to say, it's been awhile. But I showed up here to share (and document) a major event in the life of our family.  Before Moses came home, I would see adoptive families posting about their kiddos' "Tipping Point Days". I recently heard it called something else as well, but I'm too tired to think of it right now. Basically, it is the day when your adopted child has been with you for as long as they were not  with you. For kids that were adopted at 1 or 2 or 3, that seems to come quickly and maybe feels eventful, but not monumental. Well, when we got custody of Moses he was about 4 years and 9 months old. I remember coming back to America and seeing someone in my adoption group post about their 2 or 3 year old's Tipping Point Day and thinking I should figure out when Moses's would be. So I did. I sat down and figured ou

... of a patent

... or maybe, just maybe , I'm jumping the gun :) A good friend told me the other day that she and her husband have been leaving church after the worship because she can't sit for an extended time in the folding chairs. Our church did a great thing and bought inexpensive folding chairs for our sanctuary in order to 1)save money and 2)be able to use the empty room for community type events in the neighborhood during the week. This is awesome. I support their decision and so does my friend who is leaving after the worship (and watching the previous week's sermon from home). But she is pregnant. She already had back problems and now (of course!) they are worse. My back is just starting to bother me and I know that there are many pregnant women with back problems and normal people with back problems who whimper inside a little every time they enter a room and see folding chairs. Until now, I had just sort of reconciled myself to the fact that sitting in a folding chair was

...of my ER defense

Many of you may have been reading the updates about Abram's "condition" on Facebook. As I contemplated putting up the information about what was going on for all the world to see, I have to confess that I was thinking that everyone was going to think I was crazy. "Her kid can't stand up for a day and all of a sudden she's going to the emergency room right at bedtime?" Well, I'm here to justify myself (although I realize there really isn't a need for that, based on the amount of wonderful support I got from people) and tell you a little bit of what I learned - for those of you who might be interested in some medical knowledge you may not have known. Just so you know, I did not take pictures of this event, so there are none here to see. Pictorial documentation of your child's first ER visit isn't something you think of until after you leave with the assurance that everything is probably going to be ok. Looking back, there was a lot of