Skip to main content

... of being on the move


"Hey baby, let me show you my moves."

Well, you've all seen the videos, so you know as well as I do that we now have a very mobile baby. He doesn't have the traditional crawl down (although he is trying), but he is almost as unstoppable in army crawl mode.

So now he likes to spend even more time on his tummy than he did before. This means that I must to try to be better about vacuuming and keeping the floor clean. Chelsea came today and she helped me out a ton with the floors and with Abram (some of these pictures are Chelsea originals...) She spent about 30 minutes in the pool with Abram, who spent the whole time on his belly dragging himself around in the water, splashing, and chewing on his toys.


As if we didn't already have an issue with him putting things in his mouth, he has officially been teething this week (fevers, diarrhea, and all). His two top teeth have broken through and I'm hoping that will all cool down for a while.

He's been chewing on the spoon when we put it into his mouth and it's made eating just a bit more messy than usual.

Although Daddy was just a little impatient during this feeding and contributed a bit to the mess level .

Abram is also working on standing a little more.

He's been able to stand on his legs since he was about 4 months old, but now I can let him stand on his own for awhile if he's holding on to something. He hasn't quite gotten the weight shifting down enough to take any steps, but he's working on it.

And I find it so funny that he has all of these toys, but when left to choose what he would like to play with, he will always go for the weirdest thing.

Like the knob on the drawer in his room.

So our little boy is getting less and less like a baby every day. Today he wouldn't put his tongue in his mouth and he was blowing raspberries all day. We did not teach him that. Chelsea did not teach him that. Apparently, babies have built in defiance mechanisms. That's our sin nature, I suppose.

On the homefront, I decided to make these cool little treats that I saw on Pinterest tonight. My mom was thinking about doing them too and I have to say they were very easy. Not quite as easy as just buying chocolate covered pretzels (which is essentially what they are), but they are much cuter.

You take small pretzel twist and put a Kiss on the tops:


Unwrapping the Kisses is the most tedious part:


Then put them in the oven at 275 for 3 minutes, just enough to get them soft...

And push MnM's into the centers before they cool:


And refrigerate them!
But make sure a ziplock of carrots doesn't fall on them while they are still melty :(



Let them cool and harden. And then feed them to your husband:



Who will make awesome faces that you can share with the world on your blog.

With that, I must say good night so I can get to bed at some sort of a reasonable hour... say 11?


(Super cute Chelsea original)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

... of the tipping point

 I haven't blogged in so very long, I can't remember when and I'm not going to stop this thought train to go and check. Suffice it to say, it's been awhile. But I showed up here to share (and document) a major event in the life of our family.  Before Moses came home, I would see adoptive families posting about their kiddos' "Tipping Point Days". I recently heard it called something else as well, but I'm too tired to think of it right now. Basically, it is the day when your adopted child has been with you for as long as they were not  with you. For kids that were adopted at 1 or 2 or 3, that seems to come quickly and maybe feels eventful, but not monumental. Well, when we got custody of Moses he was about 4 years and 9 months old. I remember coming back to America and seeing someone in my adoption group post about their 2 or 3 year old's Tipping Point Day and thinking I should figure out when Moses's would be. So I did. I sat down and figured ou

... of a patent

... or maybe, just maybe , I'm jumping the gun :) A good friend told me the other day that she and her husband have been leaving church after the worship because she can't sit for an extended time in the folding chairs. Our church did a great thing and bought inexpensive folding chairs for our sanctuary in order to 1)save money and 2)be able to use the empty room for community type events in the neighborhood during the week. This is awesome. I support their decision and so does my friend who is leaving after the worship (and watching the previous week's sermon from home). But she is pregnant. She already had back problems and now (of course!) they are worse. My back is just starting to bother me and I know that there are many pregnant women with back problems and normal people with back problems who whimper inside a little every time they enter a room and see folding chairs. Until now, I had just sort of reconciled myself to the fact that sitting in a folding chair was

...of my ER defense

Many of you may have been reading the updates about Abram's "condition" on Facebook. As I contemplated putting up the information about what was going on for all the world to see, I have to confess that I was thinking that everyone was going to think I was crazy. "Her kid can't stand up for a day and all of a sudden she's going to the emergency room right at bedtime?" Well, I'm here to justify myself (although I realize there really isn't a need for that, based on the amount of wonderful support I got from people) and tell you a little bit of what I learned - for those of you who might be interested in some medical knowledge you may not have known. Just so you know, I did not take pictures of this event, so there are none here to see. Pictorial documentation of your child's first ER visit isn't something you think of until after you leave with the assurance that everything is probably going to be ok. Looking back, there was a lot of