Skip to main content

... of even more family time!

Well, Nana just left :( We were all very happy to have her around for many reasons, the greatest of which was that Abram got to see her and get to know her more. She is a wonderful grandmother and a fantastic mother. Whenever she comes, she always helps me do all of the chores that I have meant to do, but haven't been able to get to. And she does it in a way that doesn't make me feel like she is insinuating that I should have gotten to them before she got there. I love her. A lot. She was so willing to help with Abram and with fixing food and cleaning and laundry and I feel very lucky that she is a teacher that can come and visit for an extended period of time during the summer.

Thank you, Mom, for giving up part of your hard earned rest time to come to us and help us out so very much!

One of the reasons she comes down to Texas (from Colorado) for so long is that my sister and brother in law live in San Antonio and her mom and dad and brother live in North Texas (Paris). We were actually lucky enough to get to spend my sister's birthday with her this year! She and Eric both had the day off, which was very unusual and so we went down to San Antonio to spend the day with them. I have to admit that I was a little worried about how Abram would do and I had a little bit of a break down when he threw up quite a bit a few times, he hadn't taken a good nap, we only had one diaper left, and I wasn't at home with all of my "resources". But he ended up fine and I was glad we went in the end. Abram had his first day in a pool and he really enjoyed it.

I was thinking about signing him up for swim classes at the Y, but I was aiming for July, it's now July and I think I've missed it. Maybe there's another time that will work. I sure hope so, because it seems like he is a water baby like his dad.

Then we ate really good Bigz burgers and strawberry shortcake in celebration of Liesl's 27th birthday (!) and took some "family" photos with our baby and Liesl and Eric's baby.


Fenway is a pretty rambunctious Vizsla. He is, ultimately, pretty sweet, but is still a little nippy, jumpy puppy. Let's just say there wasn't a lot of Abram/Fenway time. Abram would have come out of that a bit damaged, I'm sure.




The boys (sorry for Fenway's indecency)

So, now we have a little less than a month before Abram and I head to Colorado for a few days and then Quinn joins us on our way to Boise for a few days. We are always glad to get to see our family and I just hope that Abram gets over the little bit of stranger anxiety he is experiencing in the next month. Colorado will be pretty low key - I don't have much family there expect my mom, dad and grandpa. But Idaho is sure to be an Abram-passing fest, as Quinn has about a bajillion family members that we will be seeing over a 4 day period.

I'm sure it will be fine. He's changing and growing everyday and will probably be very different even in the next month. I estimate the actual crawl is a matter of a week or so away. He has one top tooth that has broken through and the other one is probably not far behind. He is babbling a lot (I've taught him to say "la la la" - which is really just opening and closing his mouth with his tongue hanging out), and (TMI, but PTL) I haven't had to pump poop out of that baby for at least a week! :)

On that note... here is a good bye photo of our little fam:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

... of the tipping point

 I haven't blogged in so very long, I can't remember when and I'm not going to stop this thought train to go and check. Suffice it to say, it's been awhile. But I showed up here to share (and document) a major event in the life of our family.  Before Moses came home, I would see adoptive families posting about their kiddos' "Tipping Point Days". I recently heard it called something else as well, but I'm too tired to think of it right now. Basically, it is the day when your adopted child has been with you for as long as they were not  with you. For kids that were adopted at 1 or 2 or 3, that seems to come quickly and maybe feels eventful, but not monumental. Well, when we got custody of Moses he was about 4 years and 9 months old. I remember coming back to America and seeing someone in my adoption group post about their 2 or 3 year old's Tipping Point Day and thinking I should figure out when Moses's would be. So I did. I sat down and figured ou

... of a patent

... or maybe, just maybe , I'm jumping the gun :) A good friend told me the other day that she and her husband have been leaving church after the worship because she can't sit for an extended time in the folding chairs. Our church did a great thing and bought inexpensive folding chairs for our sanctuary in order to 1)save money and 2)be able to use the empty room for community type events in the neighborhood during the week. This is awesome. I support their decision and so does my friend who is leaving after the worship (and watching the previous week's sermon from home). But she is pregnant. She already had back problems and now (of course!) they are worse. My back is just starting to bother me and I know that there are many pregnant women with back problems and normal people with back problems who whimper inside a little every time they enter a room and see folding chairs. Until now, I had just sort of reconciled myself to the fact that sitting in a folding chair was

...of my ER defense

Many of you may have been reading the updates about Abram's "condition" on Facebook. As I contemplated putting up the information about what was going on for all the world to see, I have to confess that I was thinking that everyone was going to think I was crazy. "Her kid can't stand up for a day and all of a sudden she's going to the emergency room right at bedtime?" Well, I'm here to justify myself (although I realize there really isn't a need for that, based on the amount of wonderful support I got from people) and tell you a little bit of what I learned - for those of you who might be interested in some medical knowledge you may not have known. Just so you know, I did not take pictures of this event, so there are none here to see. Pictorial documentation of your child's first ER visit isn't something you think of until after you leave with the assurance that everything is probably going to be ok. Looking back, there was a lot of