Skip to main content

...of 9 months

I had every intention of posting this last night, since today is technically her 9 month birthday.  But things got away from me (like the computer) and I had to postpone until this morning.  But I thought you would probably forgive me.  Selah's sleeping in this morning (went to bed before 8 last night and she's still sleeping at 9:30am!) so I'm going to finally get to finish and post it!  Maybe I'll even have time to do the dishes this morning before Quinn walks around the house to his office goes to work.

Date: Jan 21st, 2013

Weight: Absolutely no clue.  She doesn't feel very heavy to me and she doesn't seem to have grown much. So if I had to take a guess, I would say she might be around 16.5 lbs? I've got to start thinking in kilos, but it's too late right now and I can't even try.

Clothing size: Snuggly in 6 months still . She swims in 9 month stuff, but is just a little too long for some of her 6 mo sleepers. The best is that I still put her in a few 0-3 month cardigan sweaters and they still fit. I just went shopping here for the first time since arriving (for clothes) and I got her some adorable stuff.  Shorts and pants are usually 9 mo or 6-9 because I don't like to put too much pressure on her tummy when she is sitting up, but when she lays down they look like they are going to fall off her.  So she's basically staying pretty little.

Feedings per day: 4-5 nursing, 3 solid food meals.  Half the time she sleeps for 12 hours without eating and then it's only 4.  The other half she has a 2:30/3:30/4:30 feeding between her 8 am-8 pm night sleep. 
She's still on a limited variety of baby food because of what we can get over here.  But she's been eating Gerber Puffs like a champ (they were sent from the States by a through some wonderful friends) and she had bits of banana the other day.  So we are working our way into table food, slowly but surely.

Naps: 2 per day. Usually about 10:30-12 and 2:30-4:30 (ish)


New skills: Officially on the move!  She started scooting on Christmas day and has been getting more adept at it every day . She has just started getting her knees up under her and rocking, like she's thinking about real crawling. She is also able to go from sitting to crawling and vice versa, although she's not very good at it yet. I find her sitting up in her crib most of the time when I come to get her now.
And at small group tonight, she tried to go from sitting to crawling and got stuck a little and fell on her face on the hard floor.  It was maybe the loudest I've ever heard her cry . Poor thing.

Teeth: She officially has 5 and is working on the 6th one coming in right where she is chewing on that finger: 

Favorite thing: Still Abram. Trying to eat shoes. Being tickled.

Least favorite thing: Anyone other than us attempting hold her . It's pretty epic.  For being our sweet little rarely cries baby for so long, she sure has done her fair share these past few weeks as we've tried to let friends hold her.  

Potential Personality traits: Yeah, I'm thinking she may be a little more dramatic than I had anticipated.  Although sometimes it takes a lot, and I mean a lot to get her to smile if she's in a funk.  This progression of pictures was from about 5 minutes of me being  completely idiotic to try and get her to even crack a grin.  Some tickling finally worked. 
Abram also still works.  We tell him to make her laugh and he has this awesome fake laugh that he does and she thinks it's the most hysterical thing in the world. I love it.

Brother/Sisterness: They sure do like each other!  I'm so glad.  Abram does have this thing where he gives her toys that he knows she isn't supposed to have and then when she starts chewing on them he starts yelling, "Sey-yah!!  Sey-yah!!!"  Like he's so worried about her.  We are working on that . 

Quinn and I feel so blessed by this little girl.  She has been the best traveler in her short life and is the sweetest lady we could have ever hoped for.  Abram is growing to love her more and more every day.  I am so excited to begin to see her personality emerge and develop as she gets closer to one whole year!  I can't believe that it's been almost a year.  Crazy!  


I love you so, so very much Sell Bell.  You are my favorite lady baby ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

... of the tipping point

 I haven't blogged in so very long, I can't remember when and I'm not going to stop this thought train to go and check. Suffice it to say, it's been awhile. But I showed up here to share (and document) a major event in the life of our family.  Before Moses came home, I would see adoptive families posting about their kiddos' "Tipping Point Days". I recently heard it called something else as well, but I'm too tired to think of it right now. Basically, it is the day when your adopted child has been with you for as long as they were not  with you. For kids that were adopted at 1 or 2 or 3, that seems to come quickly and maybe feels eventful, but not monumental. Well, when we got custody of Moses he was about 4 years and 9 months old. I remember coming back to America and seeing someone in my adoption group post about their 2 or 3 year old's Tipping Point Day and thinking I should figure out when Moses's would be. So I did. I sat down and figured ou

... of a patent

... or maybe, just maybe , I'm jumping the gun :) A good friend told me the other day that she and her husband have been leaving church after the worship because she can't sit for an extended time in the folding chairs. Our church did a great thing and bought inexpensive folding chairs for our sanctuary in order to 1)save money and 2)be able to use the empty room for community type events in the neighborhood during the week. This is awesome. I support their decision and so does my friend who is leaving after the worship (and watching the previous week's sermon from home). But she is pregnant. She already had back problems and now (of course!) they are worse. My back is just starting to bother me and I know that there are many pregnant women with back problems and normal people with back problems who whimper inside a little every time they enter a room and see folding chairs. Until now, I had just sort of reconciled myself to the fact that sitting in a folding chair was

...of my ER defense

Many of you may have been reading the updates about Abram's "condition" on Facebook. As I contemplated putting up the information about what was going on for all the world to see, I have to confess that I was thinking that everyone was going to think I was crazy. "Her kid can't stand up for a day and all of a sudden she's going to the emergency room right at bedtime?" Well, I'm here to justify myself (although I realize there really isn't a need for that, based on the amount of wonderful support I got from people) and tell you a little bit of what I learned - for those of you who might be interested in some medical knowledge you may not have known. Just so you know, I did not take pictures of this event, so there are none here to see. Pictorial documentation of your child's first ER visit isn't something you think of until after you leave with the assurance that everything is probably going to be ok. Looking back, there was a lot of