Skip to main content

... of one cute baby girl

We finally got to meet our little girl face to face! I mean, kind of. We got to see her face. She didn't get to see ours. She is having to settle for our voices at the moment (which apparently she can hear well by now).

Now, I am a tough baby cuteness critic. I really am. When Abram was born, I had to keep reminding myself that he would get cuter as his face and head returned to their normal state and as he grew out of baby acne and Milia and all of that. Not that I didn't adore him from the moment he was born, I just wasn't completely gushing over his cuteness. I do now (I mean, obviously). But one disappointing picture we got of him was from his 20 week 3D ultra sound. He was pressed up against the placenta and refusing to cooperate and I kept thinking. "Is it wrong that I don't really want to show this to anyone?" I thought for sure it was just the picture, not him, but I was a little worried about his cuteness at that point. (I did share the picture in this post).

Maybe it's the fact that Selah's 3D picture is from 24 weeks (not 20), maybe it's because the placenta is on the back this time, maybe she's just a little more cooperative, but based on these pictures, I am not worried about this little one's cuteness.

She was kind of trying to block her face with every single one of her limbs at the same time, but she was only mildly successful. What do you think, does she look like her brother? Wow, it's weird to think of Abram as a brother.


So everything looks good! Here are pictures of tiny hands and feet (looks like all the digits are there).

Her brain, heart, spine, stomach, kidneys, etc all seem to be in the right place, the right size and functioning properly. The worry about my "low-lying" placenta is a thing of the past, as it is now clearly out of the way. So all signs point to awesome! She is measuring about 1 lb 5 oz and a week behind - meaning she's just a little small, but maybe we will have a May baby after all... She feels like an April girl to me, but we she see.

And here's a more "Oh yeah, she's pregnant" 24 week picture of me:
Maybe it's the fact that I'm trying to stretch a regular shirt over my soccer ball sized stomach.

On an Abram note, he is walking on his own initiative now! This morning Chelsea and I watched him stand up on his own (without me telling him) and walk over to something that was on the floor a few times. Up until this point, I've had to say, "Abram, stand up! Can you walk?!" every time he's done it. But I think we've turn the corner, people! Now we have to tackle tile and hardwood floors.

Oo. Quinn and I are going on a date tomorrow night. Any ideas about how we should use our 3 free hours on a potentially cool Austin winter night? I just don't want to end up at the Chuy's right next to our house like we do every time we go on a date. I think we are wanting to do something a little more special for once than my husband watching me gorge myself on chips and endless creamy jalapeno and then say I can't eat any of my main course because I'm so full. Wow, I'm a catch, huh?

Comments

  1. Call Oak Haven up near lakeline mall and see if you can get in for a one hour couples massage ($23 per person right now I think).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

... of the tipping point

 I haven't blogged in so very long, I can't remember when and I'm not going to stop this thought train to go and check. Suffice it to say, it's been awhile. But I showed up here to share (and document) a major event in the life of our family.  Before Moses came home, I would see adoptive families posting about their kiddos' "Tipping Point Days". I recently heard it called something else as well, but I'm too tired to think of it right now. Basically, it is the day when your adopted child has been with you for as long as they were not  with you. For kids that were adopted at 1 or 2 or 3, that seems to come quickly and maybe feels eventful, but not monumental. Well, when we got custody of Moses he was about 4 years and 9 months old. I remember coming back to America and seeing someone in my adoption group post about their 2 or 3 year old's Tipping Point Day and thinking I should figure out when Moses's would be. So I did. I sat down and figured ou

... of a patent

... or maybe, just maybe , I'm jumping the gun :) A good friend told me the other day that she and her husband have been leaving church after the worship because she can't sit for an extended time in the folding chairs. Our church did a great thing and bought inexpensive folding chairs for our sanctuary in order to 1)save money and 2)be able to use the empty room for community type events in the neighborhood during the week. This is awesome. I support their decision and so does my friend who is leaving after the worship (and watching the previous week's sermon from home). But she is pregnant. She already had back problems and now (of course!) they are worse. My back is just starting to bother me and I know that there are many pregnant women with back problems and normal people with back problems who whimper inside a little every time they enter a room and see folding chairs. Until now, I had just sort of reconciled myself to the fact that sitting in a folding chair was

...of my ER defense

Many of you may have been reading the updates about Abram's "condition" on Facebook. As I contemplated putting up the information about what was going on for all the world to see, I have to confess that I was thinking that everyone was going to think I was crazy. "Her kid can't stand up for a day and all of a sudden she's going to the emergency room right at bedtime?" Well, I'm here to justify myself (although I realize there really isn't a need for that, based on the amount of wonderful support I got from people) and tell you a little bit of what I learned - for those of you who might be interested in some medical knowledge you may not have known. Just so you know, I did not take pictures of this event, so there are none here to see. Pictorial documentation of your child's first ER visit isn't something you think of until after you leave with the assurance that everything is probably going to be ok. Looking back, there was a lot of