Skip to main content

... of my 30's

This was too perfect. I turned 29 yesterday and Selah and I were 30 weeks yesterday. Lots of 30's and almost 30's around this house now.

I know I've been MIA for awhile. So let's start with a quick explanation and some pictures/videos of the Bug.

We were visiting my parents in Colorado while some painting and construction work was being done on our house. I am awful and didn't get any pictures of my parents. Can you believe it!? We talked about it, but it never happened. They were working during the day and we only really saw them one day and a few nights. But I know Abram was really glad to get to see them and spend even a limited amount of time with them.

Here are some pictures:


This is right before he pooped in the bath for the first time since my harrowing constipated infant experience. And let me tell you, I'm really glad I wasn't in this bath with him. It was super gross. We sent this picture to Quinn for Valentine's day along with a story. Those are the kind of things we give each other for Valentines day: Poop bath stories. We are so in love.

We were a little off schedule, so there was some tiredness in unusual places going on.


He never falls asleep in his car seat, so he couldn't really get comfortable. Poor baby.

(He was snoring pretty loudly.)

We didn't have a car during the day so we went on a nice, cold, long walk in our new Uppababy Vista stroller (which we love).

It took all those snow banks on the side walk with ease. It was very nice for airport travel and I couldn't be happier (unless it was a bit lighter). We will get a car seat adapter and a second seat (rumble seat) that attaches to the bottom for Abram when Selah is born. We are all very happy with our stroller decision :)

My parents' Gideon neighbor gave him a Bible when we visited and this child would not put that Bible down.

He even started saying "Bible". It sounded more like "buh bo", but he knows what he's talking about. He looked at it most of the time he was awake on the plane ride home. When we got it out to show Quinn when we got back, we tried to take it and read from it to him for just a second. He literally bawled the entire time I had it. He never cries, even when you take toys from him. He might get upset for a second (more attitude than sorrow), but he was devastated that I had taken his Bible, even just to borrow it. What can I say? He loves the Bible. More proof that he is Quinn's son.

And he played the keyboard a bunch at Nana and Papa's house.


Smart kid.

It was a good experience all around. The hardest part was the airport/airplane. We flew standby because we got passes from my uncle, who is a pilot for Frontier. It was cheap, but quite the hassle on the way out to Colorado. We didn't get on one flight, Quinn picked us up, took us back a few hours later, and we got on the last one of the day. We were worried about the way back (because my parents were both working and they live significantly farther from the Denver airport than we live from Austin's). But, praise the Lord, we got on the first flight we tried. We even ran into my uncle coming off the plane that we were about to get on. So we got to visit with him for a bit and thank him. Also, being 6 1/2 month pregnant with a squirmy 15 month old alone on a plane is difficult. Thankfully, we sat next to very understanding mothers/grandmothers on both flights who were so wonderful. More praise for the Lord.

So that's that.

I turned 29 yesterday. People kept asking me if I felt old or sad that I was in the last year of my 20's. Honestly, I think I had my age crisis when Quinn turned 30 earlier this month. It was weird to think of him as 30 and that I was married to a 30 year old. Even though we are a year apart, I think of us as the same age. So I reconciled myself to it a few weeks ago and sort of felt 30 already. So when I realized I was turning 29, it was kind of strange. But I think we are both ready for our 30's. The thought of having two kids makes me feel a lot older anyway, so it just seems to make sense that I would be in my 30's. So no age sorrow in this house. Bring it on!

And Selah is now 30 weeks gestationally. Abram was born at 38 1/2. For some reason I feel like she is going to be two weeks early. I don't know why. I shouldn't get my hopes up. But I've been having so many Braxton Hicks contractions for so long now, I can't believe that it all wouldn't be pretty ready by that point. We shall see! That means two more months! I think it will go by fast, because there is a lot that is going on in March and April.

I tried to have Quinn take a picture when I was actually dressed and looked presentable and they were all out of focus. But I guess you can get the idea...


And then here are her crazy antics from that day.



She doesn't rest a lot and she hasn't found her comfortable position yet. So sometimes she is bottom up and sometime her head is in my ribs. I'm really praying that she'll settle down in the right position soon. Abram was really low and in the right position for the last 6 weeks at least, which made his head a nice cone shape. Great for a fast, easy delivery, not so great for attractive newborn pictures.


Whew! That's a lot. Sorry. See? It's better for me to write shorter, more frequent posts that really long, multiple topic ones (I'm justifying it to myself). So hopefully we will see you soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

... of the tipping point

 I haven't blogged in so very long, I can't remember when and I'm not going to stop this thought train to go and check. Suffice it to say, it's been awhile. But I showed up here to share (and document) a major event in the life of our family.  Before Moses came home, I would see adoptive families posting about their kiddos' "Tipping Point Days". I recently heard it called something else as well, but I'm too tired to think of it right now. Basically, it is the day when your adopted child has been with you for as long as they were not  with you. For kids that were adopted at 1 or 2 or 3, that seems to come quickly and maybe feels eventful, but not monumental. Well, when we got custody of Moses he was about 4 years and 9 months old. I remember coming back to America and seeing someone in my adoption group post about their 2 or 3 year old's Tipping Point Day and thinking I should figure out when Moses's would be. So I did. I sat down and figured ou

... of a patent

... or maybe, just maybe , I'm jumping the gun :) A good friend told me the other day that she and her husband have been leaving church after the worship because she can't sit for an extended time in the folding chairs. Our church did a great thing and bought inexpensive folding chairs for our sanctuary in order to 1)save money and 2)be able to use the empty room for community type events in the neighborhood during the week. This is awesome. I support their decision and so does my friend who is leaving after the worship (and watching the previous week's sermon from home). But she is pregnant. She already had back problems and now (of course!) they are worse. My back is just starting to bother me and I know that there are many pregnant women with back problems and normal people with back problems who whimper inside a little every time they enter a room and see folding chairs. Until now, I had just sort of reconciled myself to the fact that sitting in a folding chair was

...of my ER defense

Many of you may have been reading the updates about Abram's "condition" on Facebook. As I contemplated putting up the information about what was going on for all the world to see, I have to confess that I was thinking that everyone was going to think I was crazy. "Her kid can't stand up for a day and all of a sudden she's going to the emergency room right at bedtime?" Well, I'm here to justify myself (although I realize there really isn't a need for that, based on the amount of wonderful support I got from people) and tell you a little bit of what I learned - for those of you who might be interested in some medical knowledge you may not have known. Just so you know, I did not take pictures of this event, so there are none here to see. Pictorial documentation of your child's first ER visit isn't something you think of until after you leave with the assurance that everything is probably going to be ok. Looking back, there was a lot of