Skip to main content

... of daylight savings

Daylight Savings baffles me.  Not the procedure, of course (although sometimes remembering to set me clock ahead at 2:00 in the morning was a little difficult...),  but the practice.  Only about a third of the world practices Daylight Savings.  Another third used to and the final third never has and probably never will.  We got used to it in America (having never lived in Arizona, but being a little annoyed when scheduling meetings with Arizonians) and now we don't have to worry about it here in the UAE, as they are a part of that final third.  This would be great.  It's so much easier with very young children not to have to deal with changing their sleep times twice a year.  However, now, we are wishing our families in the States were Arizonians.  Because Daylight Savings has made it very difficult for us to continue skyping with our parents who work during the day and want to see their grandchildren and want to go to bed at a decent hour.  We are now trying to figure out how we can do this, as being 9 hours ahead is much less conducive than being 10 hours ahead.

But, instead of going on any more of a tirade against Daylight Savings, I'll get to the point.  My wonderful husband is being so... wonderful and trying to give me a few hours at the end of each "work day" to review and prepare for my language lessons, catch up on email, and hopefully hit up this blog a bit more frequently than has been previously possible.  This is an effort on our part to update and satiate those kiddo hungry grandparents who we sadly may not get to see as often as we have.  So, I know I've said it before, but now I have extra motivation: I hope to be posting a bit more often.

Without further ado, let's get to some adorable pictures of the aforementioned kiddos.

From our friend's 10th birthday party:

It was a pool party, but neither of my kids really wanted to get in the water.  It was a little cold, can you believe it!?  We hear (from these friends - whose house and pool are right across the street) that the best swimming months are upon us.  Once we hit July and August the pool will be like a hot bathtub.  Fun stuff.
Right after he fell in face first  trying to catch a beach ball.  His response as I yanked him out of the water: "No way, thank you!"
Wanting to try and get them both ISR swim lessons when we are back in the States next summer, insha'allah.
Cupcake!
 

Petting Tripod, the amazingly friendly three legged cat that lives in our friends' complex.  I would totally adopt him, if I could.  He was awesome.  Abram thought so too.  He reminded me of our sweet Obie (sniff, sniff).
Lady Baby in Daddy's hat.  

Family Outing to Al Majaz Park:
Yes.  Your eyes are not deceiving you.  That is a Cold Stone, a Baja Fresh, and a Fat Burger in one place.  TGIFridays not pictured.  This is now one of our new favorite places for so many reasons.  
I could not love this picture any more.


 

So attractive of both of us.
 
Kisses.
 When I said "adorable", I meant sometimes.
Baja Fresh and baby food at sunset in Sharjah.

Date night after dropping the children off in bed and leaving the monitor with Steve:
We went back and had ice cream.
 
I talked him into it with this face.

Ok.  That was longer than expected, but there was a lot of cuteness to catch up on (not including that last picture).  I hear Abram having a hunger meltdown in the living room, so I better go start dinner. 

See you soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

... of the tipping point

 I haven't blogged in so very long, I can't remember when and I'm not going to stop this thought train to go and check. Suffice it to say, it's been awhile. But I showed up here to share (and document) a major event in the life of our family.  Before Moses came home, I would see adoptive families posting about their kiddos' "Tipping Point Days". I recently heard it called something else as well, but I'm too tired to think of it right now. Basically, it is the day when your adopted child has been with you for as long as they were not  with you. For kids that were adopted at 1 or 2 or 3, that seems to come quickly and maybe feels eventful, but not monumental. Well, when we got custody of Moses he was about 4 years and 9 months old. I remember coming back to America and seeing someone in my adoption group post about their 2 or 3 year old's Tipping Point Day and thinking I should figure out when Moses's would be. So I did. I sat down and figured ou

...of my ER defense

Many of you may have been reading the updates about Abram's "condition" on Facebook. As I contemplated putting up the information about what was going on for all the world to see, I have to confess that I was thinking that everyone was going to think I was crazy. "Her kid can't stand up for a day and all of a sudden she's going to the emergency room right at bedtime?" Well, I'm here to justify myself (although I realize there really isn't a need for that, based on the amount of wonderful support I got from people) and tell you a little bit of what I learned - for those of you who might be interested in some medical knowledge you may not have known. Just so you know, I did not take pictures of this event, so there are none here to see. Pictorial documentation of your child's first ER visit isn't something you think of until after you leave with the assurance that everything is probably going to be ok. Looking back, there was a lot of

... of a patent

... or maybe, just maybe , I'm jumping the gun :) A good friend told me the other day that she and her husband have been leaving church after the worship because she can't sit for an extended time in the folding chairs. Our church did a great thing and bought inexpensive folding chairs for our sanctuary in order to 1)save money and 2)be able to use the empty room for community type events in the neighborhood during the week. This is awesome. I support their decision and so does my friend who is leaving after the worship (and watching the previous week's sermon from home). But she is pregnant. She already had back problems and now (of course!) they are worse. My back is just starting to bother me and I know that there are many pregnant women with back problems and normal people with back problems who whimper inside a little every time they enter a room and see folding chairs. Until now, I had just sort of reconciled myself to the fact that sitting in a folding chair was