Skip to main content

... of a cheap knock-off

I have found my blogging soul mate. Through some extensive browsing on pinterest.com (which I LOVE), I found this blog: www.sirbubbadoo.com
Not only does she do fun crafting and sewing projects that are right up my alley, but she has an 8 month old son that she calls Sir Bubbadoo or The Bubb. Abram has many nicknames, but one of the main ones that will probably stick is Bubba-San. My husband works at a Nintendo owned game developer and when the Japanese come to visit his company, he told me everyone is called "blank-San". It's the Japanese way of saying Mr. or Ms. So it is very formal. I would be Anaka-San. Abram is often Abram-San, but more casually, Bubba-San.
I think Sir Bubbadoo's mom and I would be friends if we lived in the same city. The Bubb seems very similar to Bubba-San in size and personality, only two months older.

So, anyway, I love her project ideas. As I was looking through her posts the other day, I found a cute blanket she made and I thought of some dinosaur fabric I had left over from a project and I decided to make my own. This is her original post for her bicycle blanket and a picture of her finished product:



Mine did not turn out as professional looking. But I am super excited about the fact that I taught myself to do the zig zag embroidery stitch with my silk stitch presser foot.





I had the fabric left over from a pouch that I made before Abram was born. I though that I would use it as a diaper clutch, but I found a diaper pouch that I like more and I started using it to carry extra clothes for Bubba-San in the diaper bag. That way, I don't have loose clothes floating around. The blanket happens to fit in the bag as well as some clothes! (It's not a very large blanket...)




So it was kind of a silly project to do. Not anything that we really needed. But, I learned something, so it was worth it.

Finally, some picsof the baby (who is freaking out in my lap right now and really wanting to type).





h8jlll.'ckbs hijcuxvrv fvre7yy3yyhhdfderr4tttd
(that was Abram saying good bye).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

... of a patent

... or maybe, just maybe , I'm jumping the gun :) A good friend told me the other day that she and her husband have been leaving church after the worship because she can't sit for an extended time in the folding chairs. Our church did a great thing and bought inexpensive folding chairs for our sanctuary in order to 1)save money and 2)be able to use the empty room for community type events in the neighborhood during the week. This is awesome. I support their decision and so does my friend who is leaving after the worship (and watching the previous week's sermon from home). But she is pregnant. She already had back problems and now (of course!) they are worse. My back is just starting to bother me and I know that there are many pregnant women with back problems and normal people with back problems who whimper inside a little every time they enter a room and see folding chairs. Until now, I had just sort of reconciled myself to the fact that sitting in a folding chair was ...

...of big changes

Let's start with a cute picture of Abram and Selah in Spain: Adorbs. Now... I posted earlier today while I was waiting to see a rheumatologist in Dubai. I had been referred by the ortho doctor I had seen in Fujairah on multiple occasions over the last few months for my finger and back problems. My sister is a dermatologist and knows that I have had psoriasis for years and she also thought I needed to see a rheumatologist.  Just in case you aren't aware, psoriasis is basically an itchy skin condition. Basically. But there's actually more to it than that (which I wasn't even aware of until very recently.) It is a chronic auto immune problem. My body's immune system (for some undetermined reason) attacks healthy skin cells and it results in itchy patches of skin. Pretty awesome, right? In about 20% of people with skin psoriasis, the immune system will also start attacking the joints, which is why I found myself in a very nice rheumatologist's...

... of regaining our health!

This is going to be a picture heavy blog. Just to be honest from the get-go. No creative, witty writing for this sleep deprived new mom. I just don't have it in me. Maybe once this Babram is on more of a schedule (as far as feeding and sleeping is concerned), I will be able to get back to my clever and witty self. Let's hope so; for your sake and mine. And who wants to read my silly, rambly words anyway, when you can see fun pictures of a cute baby and some awesome people? We are at eleven days with the baby (nine at home). My parents have come and gone for Thanksgiving and baby viewing. My mom is in love. And very helpful. We got spoiled with the food preparation, laundry, diaper changing, and burping. My dad did some much needed chores around the house and I was so very thankful to have them here. Quinn's mom gets here in four days. While we are enjoying a (relatively) quiet night at home alone for pretty much the first time, by tonight we are going to be counting...