Skip to main content

... of a little narcissist?!

Hopefully not. Hopefully we are, instead, on the verge of a very smart baby who realizes that when Mommy takes pictures of him and then can immediately show them to him, that is a technology we should all get excited about!

Abram and I spend one good playtime each day in his room. It's small and childproofed with lots of entertaining things and it keeps the Bubba content for good, long periods of time. He usually does lots of cute new things in there and so I always have the camera close by so I can try and capture the moment (mainly for Daddy, but you all reap the benefits as well). Yesterday I got these shots as he explored the room and I laid on his floor with him:




Most of the pictures were a little blurry because this is what was happening to the camera strap:



Next time, I need to open the blinds so I can get better lighting and not have to use the flash. Noted.

So Abram's most recent enjoyment is looking at himself on the camera. He likes looking at any thing on any screen, really. But just yesterday, he started actually laughing while he was looking at pictures of himself. I know this because there were other pictures in between those pictures and this picture I got of him the other day:


Namely these pictures I took of some stuff I made during his naps the last few days:

(Personalized pillow blocks for our friends' new baby).

(Sellable)?

(Fabric catch alls I mimicked from something I saw here )

(Like my new labels? They are little and simple and I love them! Thanks to InkedPapers on etsy and a very quick photoshop logo design (without my artist husbands help or anything!). But I digress)...

Anyway, he only laughed and smiled when the pictures of him appeared. So I took this video on the other camera of him looking at himself.

(Wish I could have edited out the end of that...)

And then took this picture of him while he was watching said video.


So I'm hoping that he is just a really smart kid and not a narcissist. I feel more assured of that because he has a book of first words (along with pictures of the words, obviously) and the first two are "girl" and "boy" with smiling faces and he loves these much more than "shoe" or "sock" or "truck", etc. with "cat" coming in a close second (it's an orange cat that looks kind of like Obie).
But this is the kid who smiles at every person who smiles at him as long as we are holding him. He does it much more with females, though... what a flirt. Hopefully we are not on the verge of a ladies man. I think Quinn may pray against that daily.

And I just had to share this cute little angelic, double cowlick head with you.

What a doll baby.

Comments

  1. I love his tunnel, I've been meaning to get something like that for my kiddo, he totally reminds me of The Bubb. It is so nice to know he is not the only one with dual cowlicks :) By the way your blocks and catch alls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

... of the tipping point

 I haven't blogged in so very long, I can't remember when and I'm not going to stop this thought train to go and check. Suffice it to say, it's been awhile. But I showed up here to share (and document) a major event in the life of our family.  Before Moses came home, I would see adoptive families posting about their kiddos' "Tipping Point Days". I recently heard it called something else as well, but I'm too tired to think of it right now. Basically, it is the day when your adopted child has been with you for as long as they were not  with you. For kids that were adopted at 1 or 2 or 3, that seems to come quickly and maybe feels eventful, but not monumental. Well, when we got custody of Moses he was about 4 years and 9 months old. I remember coming back to America and seeing someone in my adoption group post about their 2 or 3 year old's Tipping Point Day and thinking I should figure out when Moses's would be. So I did. I sat down and figured ou

...of my ER defense

Many of you may have been reading the updates about Abram's "condition" on Facebook. As I contemplated putting up the information about what was going on for all the world to see, I have to confess that I was thinking that everyone was going to think I was crazy. "Her kid can't stand up for a day and all of a sudden she's going to the emergency room right at bedtime?" Well, I'm here to justify myself (although I realize there really isn't a need for that, based on the amount of wonderful support I got from people) and tell you a little bit of what I learned - for those of you who might be interested in some medical knowledge you may not have known. Just so you know, I did not take pictures of this event, so there are none here to see. Pictorial documentation of your child's first ER visit isn't something you think of until after you leave with the assurance that everything is probably going to be ok. Looking back, there was a lot of

... of a patent

... or maybe, just maybe , I'm jumping the gun :) A good friend told me the other day that she and her husband have been leaving church after the worship because she can't sit for an extended time in the folding chairs. Our church did a great thing and bought inexpensive folding chairs for our sanctuary in order to 1)save money and 2)be able to use the empty room for community type events in the neighborhood during the week. This is awesome. I support their decision and so does my friend who is leaving after the worship (and watching the previous week's sermon from home). But she is pregnant. She already had back problems and now (of course!) they are worse. My back is just starting to bother me and I know that there are many pregnant women with back problems and normal people with back problems who whimper inside a little every time they enter a room and see folding chairs. Until now, I had just sort of reconciled myself to the fact that sitting in a folding chair was