Skip to main content

... of taking after Daddy

While Abram may look more like me and my baby pictures, he definitely has Quinn's build. We went for his well check today and he is 16 lbs 12.8 oz (which is the 5th percentile) and 28 inches long (the 50th percentile). Long and skinny. What else could we expect?

Quinn has also been known to not be able to wear nice things because he often spills food on himself. While I don't think that's actually happened in a little while, it's definitely something that I found kind of endearing when we were dating. I think it may have been his nerves :) Anyway, Abram may have gotten the QRS messy eating gene as well. We started using that solid food net feeder thing and it's been great for teaching him how to chew, but bananas and blueberries aren't the cleanest thing to put in there.

Enjoying lounging and being fed by mom.

Checking it out.

Feeding himself (what a big eyed cutie pants).

Getting the hang of it.

He liked bits of melted cheese on a thin whole wheat bagel for two days, but today he didn't like it as much and he kept taking them from me and turning to the side of his highchair and dropping them where it was hard for me to catch. Punk.


Definitely got my overbite and four consequent chins.

Blueberries!

So good.

We also has a climbing-out-of-things/dangerosity day today. He tried to climb out of his highchair twice while I was just grabbing something from the counter. The first time I barely caught him before he was actually on the tray (yes, he was strapped in, in case you were wondering). Our Ikea high chair was unfortunately not built for such hijinks. He got a bottom swat for the first time in his life. I didn't like it probably as much as he didn't like it, but I liked it more than him falling head first from two and a half feet onto our tile floor. A new high chair may be in order. He also tried to climb out of the shopping cart seat today and wouldn't sit back down without crying loudly. I wanted to tell the passersby that he really is only like this 5 percent of the time and that just happened to be one of the 5. But I didn't.

Despite the absurdity of today's feedings, meal times are usually Abram and my happiest and most fun times. I think this video was from yesterday. And, yes, he is wearing the same onesie, thank you very much. I do not even feel the need to justify that. So there.


Well, Quinn and I each had a very long day and he is being a dutiful father and reading the entire 11 page 9 month well check newsletter that we got from our wonderful pediatrician today. We will be heading for bed very shortly, but I just want to share that, despite our 9:00 dinner and very tired selves, this is what we ate:

Pretty tasty (and easy), if I do say so myself.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

... of the tipping point

 I haven't blogged in so very long, I can't remember when and I'm not going to stop this thought train to go and check. Suffice it to say, it's been awhile. But I showed up here to share (and document) a major event in the life of our family.  Before Moses came home, I would see adoptive families posting about their kiddos' "Tipping Point Days". I recently heard it called something else as well, but I'm too tired to think of it right now. Basically, it is the day when your adopted child has been with you for as long as they were not  with you. For kids that were adopted at 1 or 2 or 3, that seems to come quickly and maybe feels eventful, but not monumental. Well, when we got custody of Moses he was about 4 years and 9 months old. I remember coming back to America and seeing someone in my adoption group post about their 2 or 3 year old's Tipping Point Day and thinking I should figure out when Moses's would be. So I did. I sat down and figured ou

... of a patent

... or maybe, just maybe , I'm jumping the gun :) A good friend told me the other day that she and her husband have been leaving church after the worship because she can't sit for an extended time in the folding chairs. Our church did a great thing and bought inexpensive folding chairs for our sanctuary in order to 1)save money and 2)be able to use the empty room for community type events in the neighborhood during the week. This is awesome. I support their decision and so does my friend who is leaving after the worship (and watching the previous week's sermon from home). But she is pregnant. She already had back problems and now (of course!) they are worse. My back is just starting to bother me and I know that there are many pregnant women with back problems and normal people with back problems who whimper inside a little every time they enter a room and see folding chairs. Until now, I had just sort of reconciled myself to the fact that sitting in a folding chair was

...of my ER defense

Many of you may have been reading the updates about Abram's "condition" on Facebook. As I contemplated putting up the information about what was going on for all the world to see, I have to confess that I was thinking that everyone was going to think I was crazy. "Her kid can't stand up for a day and all of a sudden she's going to the emergency room right at bedtime?" Well, I'm here to justify myself (although I realize there really isn't a need for that, based on the amount of wonderful support I got from people) and tell you a little bit of what I learned - for those of you who might be interested in some medical knowledge you may not have known. Just so you know, I did not take pictures of this event, so there are none here to see. Pictorial documentation of your child's first ER visit isn't something you think of until after you leave with the assurance that everything is probably going to be ok. Looking back, there was a lot of