Skip to main content

... of doable!

Quinn's work technically gave him three weeks of paternity leave.  I know that that's a lot, by most people standards.  For me, all I have to compare it to are the almost six weeks that he was able to be home when Abram was born.  That was largely because it happened right before Thanksgiving and Christmas and so he got some extra time.  But this time, I wanted to be able to ease into being alone with these two kiddos.  So he started going in for half days this week.  I did the afternoon alone yesterday and the morning alone today. Abram has been taking a nap from about 1-3/3:30, so the afternoons tend to be a little easier.  So I was a bit worried about what this morning would hold.  But it turned out to be pretty doable!  It probably won't be this way every day, but it made me feel less afraid about whether I could do it or not.

Quinn was up and going at 6.  I woke Selah up at 7:30 to eat and Abram woke up at 8.  Quinn fixed us breakfast while I was feeding the baby and by the time he left around 9, Abram was pretty much done with breakfast and Selah was falling back to sleep.  I wanted to take a shower, so I put Selah in her bassinet in the bathroom with the fan on while I showered and I gave Abram some toys in his play pen and put Thomas the Train on the lap top out of his reach.

He did so good playing quietly by himself for the 30 minutes or so it took me to shower and get ready. 





When I was done, Selah was still sleeping, so we put the play pen away and just played in our room with his toys.  We counted his magnet letters (there were 60 of them) about 10 times, putting them from one container into another.





 
Then he spent some time crawling all over me.

He's been a lot more affectionate since Selah came home.  It stems from jealousy, I'm sure, but it's not coming out as anything other than being sweet and wanting to climb in my lap if I'm on the ground with him, or wanting to be picked up and held more than he used to.  So it's cute... for now.






Overall, Selah is still a pretty easy going kid.  I may need to watch my diet a little more than I have been, because she's been having a few more tummy issues recently.  But pumping her legs and giving her a pacie seems to solve those issues for now. 
These cutie clothes were given to us by a friend of ours.  I am getting less and less opinionated about the pink, as you can see...










She likes to sleep with her hands above her head like Quinn and I.

And, finally, a few pictures from Nana's visit:
 Both her grandmas have a good amount of photos of this little girl on their phones now :)
 Snuggle.

Well, we aren't set to have any more visitors until Quinn's dad comes out for a visit at the beginning of June.  We still have wonderful friends bringing us food every once in awhile, but I'm trying to get better about finding ways and time to fix meals.  Today, I made chicken strips (like, from scratch!) and have a chicken taco bowl slow cooker thing going right now.  So I got more done today than I did in at least the last few months of my pregnancy.  Pretty crazy and I can only attribute it to God's grace and my amazing family who has been such a help (the greatest of these being my husband).

Speaking of my husband... he was making me guess now many all time views his blog has gotten (I told him the other day that I'm going to hit 20,000 soon - woah).  Apparently he's at 7.  But he's never posted anywhere or tried to get readers.  He doesn't really care, but I thought that his writing and spirit-led thoughts shouldn't be wasted.  He mused a bit on a verse in 2 Timothy today and posted it here. It was really convicting for me and you might like it, too.  If you have minute, give it a read!  You'll be blessed, I know.

PS - I'm still figuring out the new blogger formatting.  So, sorry about the huge blank spaces...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

... of the tipping point

 I haven't blogged in so very long, I can't remember when and I'm not going to stop this thought train to go and check. Suffice it to say, it's been awhile. But I showed up here to share (and document) a major event in the life of our family.  Before Moses came home, I would see adoptive families posting about their kiddos' "Tipping Point Days". I recently heard it called something else as well, but I'm too tired to think of it right now. Basically, it is the day when your adopted child has been with you for as long as they were not  with you. For kids that were adopted at 1 or 2 or 3, that seems to come quickly and maybe feels eventful, but not monumental. Well, when we got custody of Moses he was about 4 years and 9 months old. I remember coming back to America and seeing someone in my adoption group post about their 2 or 3 year old's Tipping Point Day and thinking I should figure out when Moses's would be. So I did. I sat down and figured ou

... of a patent

... or maybe, just maybe , I'm jumping the gun :) A good friend told me the other day that she and her husband have been leaving church after the worship because she can't sit for an extended time in the folding chairs. Our church did a great thing and bought inexpensive folding chairs for our sanctuary in order to 1)save money and 2)be able to use the empty room for community type events in the neighborhood during the week. This is awesome. I support their decision and so does my friend who is leaving after the worship (and watching the previous week's sermon from home). But she is pregnant. She already had back problems and now (of course!) they are worse. My back is just starting to bother me and I know that there are many pregnant women with back problems and normal people with back problems who whimper inside a little every time they enter a room and see folding chairs. Until now, I had just sort of reconciled myself to the fact that sitting in a folding chair was

...of my ER defense

Many of you may have been reading the updates about Abram's "condition" on Facebook. As I contemplated putting up the information about what was going on for all the world to see, I have to confess that I was thinking that everyone was going to think I was crazy. "Her kid can't stand up for a day and all of a sudden she's going to the emergency room right at bedtime?" Well, I'm here to justify myself (although I realize there really isn't a need for that, based on the amount of wonderful support I got from people) and tell you a little bit of what I learned - for those of you who might be interested in some medical knowledge you may not have known. Just so you know, I did not take pictures of this event, so there are none here to see. Pictorial documentation of your child's first ER visit isn't something you think of until after you leave with the assurance that everything is probably going to be ok. Looking back, there was a lot of