Skip to main content

... of one month!

So I guess the only way that I am going to be able to get a post done is by doing it at 4am.  So here it is.  Hopefully it won't take me too long...

Selah is a month old in two hours (that's how I justified the "on the verge" part).
That went by really fast.  She is still really good, overall.  We've had a few instances of bad gas or needing to go poop that have kept her from going to sleep and made her uncomfortable.  But when she is upset - with the exception of being hungry and me not remedying that immediately - she doesn't cry for extended periods of time.  When she has a tummy ache, she'll look at you kinda concerned until it hits her and then she cries out in pain until the moment (or the gas) passes.  Poor dear.  But it hasn't been nearly as bad as Abram's gas.  His fussiness really peaked at 6-8 weeks, so I'm still expecting her to get a little worse.  I think she might have reflux sometimes, too and she makes the saddest, most painful looking faces.  Praying that stays rare and sporadic.  But I can always put her to sleep in the Moby wrap.
I like the way the Moby carries, but it's the craziest thing to put on and carry around.  It's just an absurdly long piece of fabric.  There is another carrier that made the Moby carry simpler to put on.  I knocked it off tonight with a fabric that I'm not sure will be the strongest thing ever.  But we'll see if it works tomorrow.  I'll let you know.

(Abram got to be carried in the Beco the other day.  I didn't want him to feel left out and I wanted to get some stuff done in the kitchen.  It worked out really well.)

I think Selah's getting a little chunkier, too!  She' is still wearing newborn clothes and diapers.  I'm glad she's not growing too fast, because we have some really cute newborn clothes that people have given us.  She hasn't lost any of her hair yet and there have been moments when I thought I could tell that her hair was getting lighter, but I'm not for sure yet.

We had quite a few little visitors last week.  They all brought really yummy food and really cute kids.  We actually used the second high chair I've been saving for no real reason in the garage three times.  Our friends Tim and Christine brought food and their 10 month old, Cohen, who loved Obie.  Then Shanda and Dave brought food (and brownies) and their 15 month old, Ellie.  Ellie was born almost 3 months premature, but you would never know it now!  She is a healthy girl who just started walking.  She and Abram had some pillow fun after dinner.

Then Danny and Abby brought their 10 month old, Zoe.  Zoe just started taking steps, too!  Pretty amazing.



Abram has decided that he doesn't really like his highchair, sometimes.  So we got out the Bumbo and put it on a "big boy chair" and let him eat at the table with us.
 
This pictures make it look like he's already a teenager or something.  

The poor bug is not feeling too well tonight.  Yesterday he had a fever (about 102, when we caught it) and tonight he had a 104 fever at bedtime.  It came down with Tylenol, but went up to 104 at around 1am.  It's back down now and he's been sleeping on Quinn's chest on the couch in his room for most of the night.  I'm thinking that it's teething.  His nose was a little runny today and he's drooling a ton.  He also doesn't want to eat anything except for milk, yogurt, and oranges.  We got him to eat some sweet potato tonight.  He really wanted a cookie, but took one bite and didn't want it anymore, which is why I think it's teething.  He has 16 teeth already, so all that's left are the molars.  I think it's possible for molars to cause higher fevers, even though doctors say that teething shouldn't do that.  We will see how he's feeling in the morning and take it from there.

Also tragic, we lost Abram's favorite letter today.
The B was on the floor with the rest of the letters this morning, but after clean up, we couldn't find it.  He isn't upset, but he kept looking for the B in the tub today and saying "B?! B?! B?!".  When he couldn't find it in there, he proceeded to wander all over the house looking in and under things chanting B's name.  I joined him in the search, but we have yet to find it.  Here is the video, proving his love of B.

Alright friends and family!  30 minute, 4am blog post: DONE!  Back to bed and hopefully not up with Selah for another 2 hours or so.

*Just as a side note, I did not get up just to blog.  Selah woke up to eat at 3:00 and I realized I was really hungry, so I came out here to eat something and I felt pretty awake, so I decided I'd finally write, since I've been meaning to for quite some time.  It's amazing how taking care of a newborn and a toddler can really eat into your blogging time :) *

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

... of the tipping point

 I haven't blogged in so very long, I can't remember when and I'm not going to stop this thought train to go and check. Suffice it to say, it's been awhile. But I showed up here to share (and document) a major event in the life of our family.  Before Moses came home, I would see adoptive families posting about their kiddos' "Tipping Point Days". I recently heard it called something else as well, but I'm too tired to think of it right now. Basically, it is the day when your adopted child has been with you for as long as they were not  with you. For kids that were adopted at 1 or 2 or 3, that seems to come quickly and maybe feels eventful, but not monumental. Well, when we got custody of Moses he was about 4 years and 9 months old. I remember coming back to America and seeing someone in my adoption group post about their 2 or 3 year old's Tipping Point Day and thinking I should figure out when Moses's would be. So I did. I sat down and figured ou

... of a patent

... or maybe, just maybe , I'm jumping the gun :) A good friend told me the other day that she and her husband have been leaving church after the worship because she can't sit for an extended time in the folding chairs. Our church did a great thing and bought inexpensive folding chairs for our sanctuary in order to 1)save money and 2)be able to use the empty room for community type events in the neighborhood during the week. This is awesome. I support their decision and so does my friend who is leaving after the worship (and watching the previous week's sermon from home). But she is pregnant. She already had back problems and now (of course!) they are worse. My back is just starting to bother me and I know that there are many pregnant women with back problems and normal people with back problems who whimper inside a little every time they enter a room and see folding chairs. Until now, I had just sort of reconciled myself to the fact that sitting in a folding chair was

...of my ER defense

Many of you may have been reading the updates about Abram's "condition" on Facebook. As I contemplated putting up the information about what was going on for all the world to see, I have to confess that I was thinking that everyone was going to think I was crazy. "Her kid can't stand up for a day and all of a sudden she's going to the emergency room right at bedtime?" Well, I'm here to justify myself (although I realize there really isn't a need for that, based on the amount of wonderful support I got from people) and tell you a little bit of what I learned - for those of you who might be interested in some medical knowledge you may not have known. Just so you know, I did not take pictures of this event, so there are none here to see. Pictorial documentation of your child's first ER visit isn't something you think of until after you leave with the assurance that everything is probably going to be ok. Looking back, there was a lot of