Skip to main content

...of no words

 Well, I ended up getting sick.  12 hours after Quinn.  Luckily, it seemed to be a 12 hour thing, so he was recovering right when I got it.  It also hit right at Abram's bed time, so both kids were asleep pretty much the whole time I was sick.  Then we prayed and facebooked asking other people to pray and, by God's grace, the children have not gotten it!  It's been four days since I was sick.  We washed everything we possibly could (or my wonderful husband washed everything while I recuperated the next day) and I believe that we are in the clear.  Thank you so much for your prayers, if you were one of our warriors.  We so needed it and God heard you!

That's all the talking I'm really going to do.  My mom is here for one more day and I want to visit with her tonight before she goes home and we don't see her for another two months :( 

So on to the pictures!

The sweet baby girl:
  Chicken legs
 Sleepy smile
 Hanging with Daddy

The Jennings:
Our best friends were home for the last few months from their new home in the middle east.  We were so glad to have them home and spend time with them and their precious kids!

Here we are in our back yard with the Jennings and a bunch of our friends.

Together for the last time in awhile.
(We love you guys and miss you already!)

The Visitors:
 Beautiful flowers from Grandpa Dan and Grandma Barbara and fam!
 Snuggling with Nana.                                      Being cute for our friend, Dave.
I finally tricked Jonathan into holding the baby.   I accomplished it by holding the baby myself, then offering to quickly get something for his wife, then suddenly asking him to "just hold the baby for a second", then shoving her into his arms.  Success!  Then we made him pose for some pictures.  
 Uncle Eric and Aunt Liesl

Uncle Eric wanted to snuggle.  
 Selah wasn't so sure.
Look at those awesome faces.
 Melissa and Sean.  Their baby girl is due August 5th and they are going to be raising her in this house when we leave!!  I know they will love it as much as we do.
Siena holding Selah for the first time.  I think she's so excited to have a girl around with all the boys in her family. By the time they are reunited Selah will be getting much more fun.

The adorable Mr. Bug

Look at that cutie face! 

And I taught him to do this.
Aren't you glad?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

... of the tipping point

 I haven't blogged in so very long, I can't remember when and I'm not going to stop this thought train to go and check. Suffice it to say, it's been awhile. But I showed up here to share (and document) a major event in the life of our family.  Before Moses came home, I would see adoptive families posting about their kiddos' "Tipping Point Days". I recently heard it called something else as well, but I'm too tired to think of it right now. Basically, it is the day when your adopted child has been with you for as long as they were not  with you. For kids that were adopted at 1 or 2 or 3, that seems to come quickly and maybe feels eventful, but not monumental. Well, when we got custody of Moses he was about 4 years and 9 months old. I remember coming back to America and seeing someone in my adoption group post about their 2 or 3 year old's Tipping Point Day and thinking I should figure out when Moses's would be. So I did. I sat down and figured ou

... of a patent

... or maybe, just maybe , I'm jumping the gun :) A good friend told me the other day that she and her husband have been leaving church after the worship because she can't sit for an extended time in the folding chairs. Our church did a great thing and bought inexpensive folding chairs for our sanctuary in order to 1)save money and 2)be able to use the empty room for community type events in the neighborhood during the week. This is awesome. I support their decision and so does my friend who is leaving after the worship (and watching the previous week's sermon from home). But she is pregnant. She already had back problems and now (of course!) they are worse. My back is just starting to bother me and I know that there are many pregnant women with back problems and normal people with back problems who whimper inside a little every time they enter a room and see folding chairs. Until now, I had just sort of reconciled myself to the fact that sitting in a folding chair was

...of my ER defense

Many of you may have been reading the updates about Abram's "condition" on Facebook. As I contemplated putting up the information about what was going on for all the world to see, I have to confess that I was thinking that everyone was going to think I was crazy. "Her kid can't stand up for a day and all of a sudden she's going to the emergency room right at bedtime?" Well, I'm here to justify myself (although I realize there really isn't a need for that, based on the amount of wonderful support I got from people) and tell you a little bit of what I learned - for those of you who might be interested in some medical knowledge you may not have known. Just so you know, I did not take pictures of this event, so there are none here to see. Pictorial documentation of your child's first ER visit isn't something you think of until after you leave with the assurance that everything is probably going to be ok. Looking back, there was a lot of